Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica DSLR
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:59:40 +0800

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Johnny
Deadman

>MTF frequency is only one part of the story. Cameras like the 1Ds are
>EXTREMELY unforgiving of lenses. It's simply wrong to say it doesn't
>matter what lens you use because sharpness at the edges and the
>correction of chromatic aberration have nothing to do with center MTF
>frequency. The 1Ds sensor outperforms all but the very best lenses when

>you consider the whole field of view.

Hi John

That correlates to my experiences with a D30 for about a year - there is
a significant difference between putting a top of the line Sigma lens as
opposed to an original Canon L lens - differences that can be easily
observed in the form of image quality.

Btw I heard some of those much vaunted R lenses are actually rebadged
Sigmas?? If so I wouldn't want to go near any of them :)

Boon Hwee