Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: canoscan 4000 experiences?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:12:09 -0800

At 11:45 PM 3/17/2003 -0800, Marc Attinasi wrote:
>Has anyone used the FS4000 scanner from Canon? If so, how is it for 35mm
>negs and chromes? By chance has anyone used it on Mac OS X? VueScan says
>it supports the device, so that is good, but direct experiences would help
>me a lot!
>
>Thanks,
>- marc

I don't own the Canon scanner but I hang around in the scanner groups a lot
since I own a Nikon LS-4000. By all accounts, the Canon scanner is a fine
performer unless you lack of the firewire interface as compared to the
Nikon, or the lack of roll film adapter is important to you. Otherwise,
Canoscan is definitely a better buy. Vuescan under OSX should also work well.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>