Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 11: Zurich Fasnacht
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:26:10 +0100

New Orleans has its Mardi Gras, Rio its carnival. Here in
German-speaking Switzerland the corresponding event is called Fasnacht
and is geared more toward children than elsewhere--you are unlikely to
see topless women on the streets of Zurich (it is anyway too cold this
time of year).

Most of the smaller towns around Zurich held their Fasnacht parades two
weekends ago, but the big cities like Zurich or Basel had theirs last
weekend. I have put a larger selection of Fasnacht pictures from
Küsnacht (a small town nearby whose main claim to fame is a connection
with Carl Jung) and Zurich on the Leica Gallery:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/wajsman/folder-4250.html

But for my PAW I have selected these four images from Zurich. First, one
of the many marching bands:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_11.jpg
(M7, 35mm Summilux, Fuji Provia 400F)

The children put the finishing touches on their faces:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_11alt1.jpg
(CL, 40mm Rokkor, Fuji Provia 100F)

...as do the adults:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_11alt2.jpg
(M7, 35mm Summilux, Fuji Provia 400F)

Finally, this couple had more important things to than watching the parade:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_11alt3.jpg
(M7, 35mm Summilux, Fuji Provia 400F)

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2003.htm

and comments/critique are welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland