Subject: RE: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:18:26 -0700

Marc,

I'm no expert on the Turnpike, but the Autobahns date from the initial ideas
in Italy and Germany 1920's into the 30's, the system being well underway
and under use by the start of war in 1939 (some 3000km worth by 1938).

the Pennsylvania Turnpike opened as Americas first "Superhighway" in 1940...
somewhat late in the day. Or is there something about the pre-war autobahns
that disqualifies them?

tim