Subject: Re: [Leica] Agfa 100 in XTOL
From: Richard Wasserman <disfromage@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:43:51 -0600

On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 03:58  PM, David C Mason wrote:

> Thanks Mark. It must have been 20 minutes development time, if I
> remember correctly. It was the first time I have used Microdol X... I
> kind of like it.

David,
I've been using Microdol lately with a few films (not APX100 however).
It's quite nice with FP4, so I would expect it to work well with APX
100.  I like it diluted 1:2.  It's just about as sharp as at 1:3, but
the times are shorter.  Another thing to try is adding 1 teaspoon(4
grams) of Sodium Ascorbate per liter of working solution.  It reduces
the grain a bit, is very sharp, and reduces the time even more.  I may
be in the minority here, but I am not a big fan of Xtol, it's too
middle of the road for my taste.
Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Agfa 100 in XTOL)