Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt Lens
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:33:10 -0800

I used this lens two weeks ago during the wildlife shoot with both
extenders, sometimes with both between my R8 body and the proximal end of
the lens. While I was shooting the sheep I mentioned before, the lighting
was bright and I noticed a shutter speed calculation result of 1/2000th of a
second with the aperture ring set at f/4 and the R8 metering knob set at
matrix (multiple field). From experience, I saw enough 18% gray in the scene
and knew the matrix metering would handle it wonderfully, and it did, for I
got a perfect exposure. With the aforementioned shutter speed, the slide was
fantastically sharp even though I was holding my R8 and the 280 in both
hands.