Subject: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt Lens
From: "Cochran, Adam" <Adam.Cochran@caltech.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:37:29 -0800

- - -----Original Message-----
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:34:17
To:<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt-R Lens

Terry   - -  I have used the 280mm APO-Telyt on an R6.2 and R8 for wildlife,
incidental portrait and even action sports photography for several years,
with both print and slide film.   While all photographs are obviously
recognizable as being telephoto, my experience has been that the lens
produces spectacular results with slide film, even with the 1.4 or 2.0 APO
extenders as long as the shutter speed is short enough, with sufficient
support,  to counter the movement resulting from the longer focal length.  I
too consider it a joy to use this lens, and would use it more if it were not
so (necessarily) heavy.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt Lens)