Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: BD & The Leicavit-M
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:11:05 -0500

Sal,

>     When the original question was posed to BD Colen, (Did he
> have any hands
> on experience to evaluate the new Leicavit-M?), my intent was to question
> his unsubstantiated negative comments.
>     While, he may very well be correct. WITHOUT direct experience his
> statement is meaningless.

There were TWO things he said.  One is cost, which IS NOT subjective, and
was merely a statement of fact.  The other was an unsubstantiated subjective
evaluation, which I agree, is reasonably meaningless at this point in
time...but because one of the statements was "meaningless", doesn't mean his
entire "message" was.

Austin