Subject: RE: [Leica] Help on Using flash Sf 20
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:10:19 -0500

> Like the time that I needed a flash for my #1 son's graduation from HS
> party at the fancy Italian restaurant.  I was using the hexar RF and I
> just assumed I could slap on the SF 20 and use it in A (uto)
> mode......... stupid to use combos without testing....... Nah nothing
> bad happened = pics came out fine, everyone had a great time.  But it
> is scary to think that I did that!!!   :)

Ernie,

Why is it scary?  The only thing the flash needs in auto mode is the flash
synch...and as long as the camera had the middle "hot shoe" connection, and
you selected the correct shutter speed...it should work without any fright!
I would hope you could use ANY automatic flash on any camera that has the
correct synch attachment, unless something is broken that is...

Regards,

Austin