Subject: RE: [Leica] Stranger #29
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:23:19 -0000

- - -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of GeeBee
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 10:57 PM
To: LUG
Subject: [Leica] Stranger #29

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/michael2.html

B.D. said

This one doesn't really belong in the Strangers' series, Graham, because
it's a photo of a charming garden shed, which appears to include a man
and dog as part of the scene. Unlike your other Stranger shots, where
you have, in essence, walked right up and shoved your camera in to the
face of a stranger, here you are way too far away from the Stranger. :-)
B. D.

Hi B.D.
Absolutely right but after I had got too close for comfort on the first
twenty or so I started to get criticised for 'lack of context'. As I make a
point of never passing up on a softer option I was happy to move back a
little. I think the shed is a bit of a stretch as context but it is a nice
shed :-) I will try to let your comments give me a prod forward on the next
one.

- --Graham