Subject: [Leica] LESS BILE PLEASE
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:32:24 -0800

    I have not been a regular reader of the LUG of late. So when I come back
and there is so much bile and personal attack, I find it diverting from what
I value most about this group. Discussions of photography, of Leica
equipment and how to use it (or collect it), exhibits, dealers, and the
Friday FS.
     If there is a new piece of equipment, like the MP, I want to hear from
users. I don't worry about getting biased views if there are many posted.
For example, I eventually got a PC 28 mm lens, and discovered how wonderful
it is for my kind of photography. I might have gotten it two-years earlier
if there were more discussion of the equipment and its use. Or, I really
want to know about how a lens performs at the corners. For my kind of
photography, which in effect values allover the negative, the relevant
details being everywhere, that is vital. I am willing to give up a little in
the center for much better corners. This is the kind of observation that
only experienced users will discuss--and the LUG is wonderful for that.
    So keep up the technical and practical and aesthetic. I know there is a
tradition of ad hominem on this group, but there is also a tradition of ad
photographem and I value that.

Martin Krieger

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] LESS BILE PLEASE)