Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Skopar opinion(s) please
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:52:08 -0700

The 21/4 SA,  the 21/3.4 SA and the first version of the 28/2.8 all
have large protruding rear elements that will either partially block
the metering cell of the M6 cameras or physically block the metering
cell of the CL and M5. If you use the any of the above lenses on a M5
or CL, the lens mount has to be modified otherwise the meter cell arm
will be broken. The later 21/3.4 SA came with the mount modified. On
the M6, the lenses give readings about three stops too low. It is
possible to modify the lens so that it is with a 1/3 stop or so. This
URL has the details:

http://www.jumboprawn.net/jesse/angulon_mod.html

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] 21mm Skopar opinion(s) please)