Subject: Re: [Leica] MP rewind
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:05:37 -0700

Good advice as a rewind crank can put a considerable bending force on
the M3/2's telescoping shaft. The problem with the M4 and up rewind
mechanism is that it is at an angle to the film cassette. This means
that parts slide against each other creating a considerable sheer
force. If the film is winding easily, there is no problem. However, if
you hit a tight spot, such as when you pull the leader out of the take
up spool, the small increase in force required will be magnified due to
the increase in the sheer force.

John Collier