Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 DS crank
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:10:06 -0700

The winding clutch is starting to slip. It certainly will not improve
with use but, if you are careful, it may last a long while yet. I am
under the impression that DS winding parts are no longer available and
the only repair possible is to convert it to a SS wind. You would have
to check with Leica on that one. Next time I am talking to my tech, I
will ask him.

John Collier