Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:43:43 +0100

> I've got some lingering scars from my Healey (MkII 3000) days and still
> have my air flow gauges for getting those damn SU's sorted (at least
> every 60 days).  Your BFH reminded me of the quick fix for a Lucas
> coil....  finding a firm flat surface, placing the coil upon it and then
> striking repeatedly until it no longer looked like a coil, then
> discarding.  It didn't make the coil work, but it provided much needed
> therapy.
>
> That's where Ozzie Osborn got the idea for his nickname.... from Lucas,
> the Prince of Darkness!
http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-40297.html
On the Dolomite i did those daily .Timing every 5 days or so.
But it had a certain charm listening with a plastic tube for the very best
tuning )attempt).
Burned my hands every time(for lack of a factory tool).
Like to try with an old V12?
What a relieve to work on US engines especially the biggest small block.
Whats that a 401?
On yesterdays walk with my little friend came across this spring over axle.
simon

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (RE: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)
Message from Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com> (Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)