Subject: [Leica] Kodak's G and GX films
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:07:59 -0500

Hi!
    Well , in some ways, 10x better! (an order of magnitude) -- Grain and
sharpness is very similar, or better,  than Velvia 50 ( I'm have not tried
to push it yet) Whites are VERY clean, skin tones are a bit more realistic
(to me at any rate) than Provia, certainly Velvia ... I really like it! Then
again, there is no zealot like a convert :-)  ( keep that in mind when new
digital users hound you :-)  )I can't wait to see the Velvia 100 offering,
and try the new Agfa films. At the very least, this shows film and emulsion
research continues at the Big Three film makers labs. Chemists are a VERY
competitive lot, as are engineers, so I know the battle will continue for a
while, to the benefit of us all. I know, and knew, allot of emulsion and
film chemists at Polaroid; a few are starting their own consulting
businesses, and have some superb ideas - some already well researched before
Polaroid axed their jobs, that can take film to another level and beyond.
The future holds much for film, still, if some of these ideas are followed,
no doubt!
    Ed