Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't put a filter on your lens you said. I ignored you and gues s what...
From: Peter Natscher <natscher@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:15:39 -0800

I've had a few filters jam up on my Leica Telyt APO-R lenses. What I did was
to lay the lens on the top of my warmed up 19" computer monitor while I'm
working at my computer. My 19" computer monitor warmed up the lens enough in
15 minutes so that the filter screwed off easily. The heat expanded the
filter more than the telephoto lens. This could probably be done with a blow
hair dryer, also.

Peter R. Natscher
Technical Graphics
612 Lighthouse Ave. #219