Subject: [Leica] Re: Covering Anti-War protest in Philly
From: "Paul Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:02:16 -0500

Hi Marc, All:

Here's my view, remember the 60s-70s protests? I marched/protested for
better education, for getting rid of the draft, end war, for voting rights.
We won in those arenas, now we face some of the same BS but in a more
devious, well packaged way to suppress individual thought & rights.

The Leica over its history, recorded events that would have never been seen,
thanks to its size (and their owners, we don't need to drop names do we?).
To let it sit on a shelf collecting 'value' instead of using that tool for
what it was created for is just as big a sin as sitting at home watching a
movie while events that may/will have an impact on our lives evolves.
<paul>

At 03:51 PM 2/14/03 -0500, Paul Winkfield wrote:
>Set cameras to F8 and be there! ;-)

Why?  This strikes me as the perfect thing to avoid, an angry group of
5%-ers, not representative of any sort of national will but certainly happy
to ruin your day with violence.

Why not stay home and watch old movies?  It would be a LOT more productive
and certainly more comfortable!

Marc

- ---