Subject: Re: [Leica] Image sizing help
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:11:11 -0700

On 2/11/03 Alastair Firkin  wrote:

>How can I take a folder of images (say 20) which are all say 1600
>pixels wide from the camera and convert them to 600 pixels wide with
>out opening each and every image?
>
>Cheers and TIA

I'm writing this on the road so probably someone else will have suggested it but
I'd like to call to your attention an excellent piece of software called

Graphic Converter

In addition to being able to translate just about every image file format known
on the planet to about every other one it will also do a very nice job of
scaling images. More important it has a very straightforward batch mode so you
can tell it that you want to transform an image from some size so that the
largest dimension is, say 600 pixels, and it will do it. VERY easily.

This is a shareware product. I think it costs about $40US. It's written by a
fellow in Germany and he updates it regularly. I've been using it for maybe five
or six years. It has just gotten better and easier to use. It works for both
MacOS and Mac OS X. I urge you to consider it. I often use it to reduce a whole
mess of images.

You can find it via versiontracker.com or google.com

Best regards,

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: Image sizing help)
Reply from "Tom Smart" <tom@sleepytom.com> (Re: [Leica] Image sizing help)