Subject: [Leica] Re: Image sizing help
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:52:49 +1100

Adam Bridge writes:

> On 2/11/03 Alastair Firkin  wrote:
>

>>How can I take a folder of images (say 20) which are all say 1600
>>pixels wide from the camera and convert them to 600 pixels wide with
>>out opening each and every image?
>>
>>Cheers and TIA
>
> I'm writing this on the road so probably someone else will have suggested it but
> I'd like to call to your attention an excellent piece of software called
>
> Graphic Converter
>
> In addition to being able to translate just about every image file format known
> on the planet to about every other one it will also do a very nice job of
> scaling images. More important it has a very straightforward batch mode so you
> can tell it that you want to transform an image from some size so that the
> largest dimension is, say 600 pixels, and it will do it. VERY easily.
>
> This is a shareware product. I think it costs about $40US. It's written by a
> fellow in Germany and he updates it regularly. I've been using it for maybe five
> or six years. It has just gotten better and easier to use. It works for both
> MacOS and Mac OS X. I urge you to consider it. I often use it to reduce a whole
> mess of images.
thanks Adam,

I have had a couple of suggestions. I was thinking about GC, which I used to
use a few years back, and now has DICOM (of interest to me in the work
sense). I will test it against the other options and see if it does a better
job of image reduction

Cheers

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com