Subject: Re: [Leica] States' Rights and Racism
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:20:54 -0800

My experience has only been in CA, the breath of it. When I used to do
photo/interviews in people's homes, I was surprised at the amount of it.
And that was in homes that were just a few blocks from a school.
Ultimately, during the course of the interview, the ideological
reasoning, for want of a better term, would creep through. And creepy it was.
Then again, I live in long Beach, CA, often known as Little Iowa by the
sea. Here we have people who generations later still affect a midwestern
drawl, wear bolo ties, western cut suits, cowboy riding boots--while
walking and driving, etc. Mind you, this is in the fifth largest city in
the state, which styles itself as a World Port.
Slobodan Dimitrov