Subject: [Leica] Moderately OT: Scanner or Digital Camera?
From: RT <rtansa@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:21:58 +0800

on 11/2/03 1:52 AM, Leica Users digest at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> [Leica] Moderately OT: Scanner or Digital Camera?

And an actual moderately OT question - Does the Nikon to Canon adapter
allow one to use the len in a normal fashion in ap prefered mode - i.e.,
focusing wide open, metering, etc. - or does one have to use it in a
stopped down really basic mode - The point of the question is whether
one could use Nikon glass in a relatively normal way on the new Canon
EOS1Ds 11 meg body?

B. D.
Hello Sir
I use the Nikon - Canon adaptor, and mount old A1 Nikon lenses on the Canon
EOS 1Ds. The lens is kept wide open to focus, and the camera is set on AE.
There is no problem with the exposure. I have used this with myh 135/2 and
180/2.8 AI Nikons. Have not tried it with non AI nikons, but will do so and
report back.

The adaptor I bought from Hong Kong, through Joseph Yao's contact. The same
supplier sold me a Leica - Canon adaptor which looks and feels better than
the Novoflex unit. Leica R lenses, are used in the same way....although I
have only tried the 180/2.8. 280/2.8 and 100 APO lenses with this set up.

BTW, the 100 APO on the Canon 1Ds give fantastic pictures.

Rgds
Roland Tan
Singapore