Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: snowboard/skateboard culture
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:17:45 -0800

On 2/7/03 bdcolen  wrote:

>Yes, many skateboarders are blue collar kids, outsiders, but they are
>kids with an outlet that keeps them out of doors, physically active, and
>out of other trouble.

Hang on world....I agree with BD.

The only problem I have with skaters is how their boards tear up the things they
bash against - benches, railings etc. That is what upsets me.

We built this great skate-board park and the kids still tear up benches and
stuff because they have to wear pads and a helmet at the park and there's the
rebellion thing going on - but the park has to be self-insured because there's
no other way, the city couldn't afford the insurance otherwise. It hurts to see
it there and unused.

But that's another story I think.

Adam