Subject: [Leica] Which do you like better?
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:18:02 -0800

I got a roll back and found one image I really like.  Even though the film
is Velvia, I printed it out in B&W and really liked it.  In class today, the
students were showing clippings and photos they really liked and some they
didn't like.  Just a little exercise on the third day of class to try and
show them any common themes in what they like and dislike.  The subject of
B&W came up, as they said they thought some of the photos they brought might
look better in B&W.

So, I printed out a color one for them and showed them both photos.  Most
like the B&W shot, but I don't know if it was because I mentioned that I
did.  Let me know.  I printed the B&W on an Epson 740 using Lysonic Small
Gammut inks and it turned out a bit sepia toned.  That looks better than the
one on the web.  I haven't been able to get it to print a straight black
yet, even though the PhotoShop image is in gray scale.  I know it is a
primitive printer, but it is what we have at school.

Let me know which you like better.

Aram

http://www.naches.wednet.edu/NachesValley/nvhs/staff/langhans/Apple-leaf---f
rozen-drop-1.jpg

http://www.naches.wednet.edu/NachesValley/nvhs/staff/langhans/Apple-leaf---f
rozen-drop-BW.jpg

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159