Subject: RE: [Leica] rare lenses
From: "leirex@access4less.net" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:05:40 -0500

  The Telyt 400/560 f5 for Viso is considered rare and f5.6 is also scarce
in my book.  But f6.8 is pretty common and less appreciated, specially in R
mount.  I don't think many people know or use M (Viso) mount anyway.
  The 280/4.8 has several versions as far as I remember.  The first version
is considered pretty rare as the second version is the most common followed
by the third (last) version, again in my book and knowledge.
  The 65/4 Macro-Elmar in black finish is pretty scarce but surfaces off
and on as not a lot of people use it.  The chrome version is pretty
commonly showing up for sale again as not a lot of people want it.  It
seems that total quantity made has little to do with rarity in real world.

Regards,
David