Subject: [Leica] Re: Mystery Hektor 1:4/8.5 cm
From: Henrik Williams <henrik.williams@nordiska.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:28:07 +0100

Stephen Gandy supports the projection lens solution, and Ed Birch does the
same in an e-mail off-list. The idea at first sounded pretty good to me.
Three things, however, seem to speak against it:

1. No other projection lenses or equipment are sold together with the
cameras or camera lenses in the particular catalogue.

2. The speed of the lens is still wrong. Only Leitz projection lenses 200
mm or longer seem to be 4.0 or slower.

3. The $100 price would indeed, as John Collier points out, be very high. I
do not think it applies to the lens alone. In a 1958 cataloge the projector
and lens sell for around $100. The lens alone is only a fourth or fifth of
that price.

I am grateful for all the input, but I do not think the right solution has
been found yet, if there is one...

Henrik Williams

>Well there was a 1950's 85/2.5 Hektor projection lens but $100 would be
>an outrageous price.

>John Collier

Henrik Williams
Professor i nordiska språk
Institutionen för nordiska språk
Box 527
751 20 UPPSALA
Telefon: 018-471 12 75, 018-46 31 46 (hem), 0733-90 86 30 (mobil)
Fax: 018-471 12 72
E-post: henrik.williams@nordiska.uu.se