Subject: [Leica] OT!! slumming with a digital point and shoot
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:04:47 -0500

this is way off-topic, except that you've been generous with
your comments about my leica photography.  i thought this
would be interesting for some of you to look at; digital
point-and-shoot pictures by someone who's been exclusively
shooting with leica rangefinders for nearly 15 years.

for christmas this year,
i got my wife the nikon coolpix 2500, (you know, that blue
little point-and-shoot with the lens that can turn around so you
can take pictures of your own face while you look at it).
except for the fact that in the month since i've bought it
the price HAS DROPPED 33%(!!!), it's an amusing gadget.  the best
is that you don't need to load a damned pieece of software on
your computer; on my mac and linux computers, it just plugs
and plays.  (i also got to use brian's brother's iPhoto for the
first time.. very nice!)

boy, i thought shutter lag on my contax t2 was bad; this
thing has a shutter lag that approaches a self-timer.  i can hit
the button and stroll into the picture!!

anyway, here's my digital signpost on the information superhighway:
http://www.shinozuka-family.com/digislum/

:-)

- -rei

- --