Subject: Re: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:08:36 -0700

I have not taken apart a Motor-M and obviously they have a switch which
is engaged only when mounted on a camera. The Winder-M uses the
mounting latch as a switch. Another alternative for the Motor-M would
be the spring loaded coupling itself. Try pushing down on that. If not,
please just send the Motor-M up to me and I will sort it out. Might
take some time though... :-)

The only communication between the camera and the Winder/Motor is the
camera's drive coupler which is either free to rotate* or not**

John Collier

* shutter is released and, on most cameras but not all, the release
button is not depressed

** shutter tensioned