Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: other options other than Vuescan and Silverfast?
From: "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:11:28 -0500

I abandoned NikonScan within the first week I bought my LS2000 (now LS4000).

I do use PS to color balance, but I try to get them into the best shape
possible prior to tweaking.
Biggest difficulty is getting color negs into good shape.

I use gray cards to set white points. I even tried third party color
profiling (Profile Prism) of the color neg film / scanner combination but
that didn't help much.

Ideal goal: Shoot color neg of a profile card (Macbeth card etc..) and have
scanner software use this to profile the film/scanner input to generate more
accurate scans.
I know -- any change in lighting or exposure with throw off a profile, but
anything would be better than the fixed film profiles in Vuescan.

Eric