Subject: [Leica] CHUG get-together for robert frank film
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:36:21 -0600

are any other members of the nascent chicago users' group planning on
attending the screening of the robert frank film, _pull my daisy_
tomorrow night?  i'm hoping to attend, but may not be able to, as i
have to be up at 6:00am cooking veal wednesday.

so far i know greg rubenstein, who's been trying to organize, is a
maybe at best.

come on, chicagoans, show your broad shoulders.  make it!  it's only,
what, about EIGHT friggin degrees outside.  no problem.  those of us
who do attend, what say we awkwardly congregate before the film and
handle introductions.  clump up on the right-hand side of the lobby,
just past the entrance to the museum store.  wear a leica.

i'll be in khaki army pants and, probably, a blue shirt and black
sweater, and silver wire-rimmed glasses.  i have very short red hair
and a beard.  i could stand to lose a little weight.  greg rubenstein
is impossibly tall and handsome, with a mane--a MANE, i tell you--of
silver hair.  he'll be wearing an armani suit and a pair of leggy
blondes.

okay, more than a little.

anyway, give a holler if you're planning on attending.

here's the info:

- -- Day/Date: Tuesday, January 21
- -- Time: 6 p.m.
- -- Place: Fullerton Hall, The Art Institute of Chicago
- -- Questions: 312-443-3680 (The Art Institute of Chicago)

- --brad

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

WWBHS--What Would Bill Hicks Say?

"He was a patriot--the best sort, the kind who do not walk around with
American flags in their lapels."
	--Philip Caputo, _A Rumor of War_

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg