Subject: RE: [Leica] Traveling by air with RabidWinder?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:58:59 -0500

> > I can only wonder what might happen if one of the more inquisitive TSA
> > staff happened to extend the trigger...
>
> The owner is probably in VERY deep shit - as all the inspector, and his
> or her supervisors will see, is a cleverly concealed deadly weapon. At
> that point, I would guess that, at best, the photographer loses the
> Rapidwinder.

I agree.  They see some concealed custom machined weapon like that, and I
guarantee you're in the pokey...yeah, try to get them to do a web search to
show that you didn't make this, and it's commercially available etc. ....but
by that time, your flight has departed, and you've been "under the bright
light" for hours...

This really could cause someone a real problem.  I believe I will get a
motor and travel with that.

What notoriety for the manufacturers if someone did "do a bad thing" using
an M6/75 1.4 (best handle for "the job" IMO) and a RabidWinder...

Now, what about those little stylus that come with every PDA you buy?

Austin