Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:58:16 -0500

> --- Austin Franklin <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Nick,
>
> > Well, let's think about this...  Same two people
> > made the lense that fell
> > apart...so are you SURE you want these same two
> > people making the NEW lense
> > you are about to get?  Why not take a chance on two
> > new people making
> > it...how much worse could they do?
> >
> > Austin
> >

> Good point - but who would train the new guys? :)
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

Sounds like no one trained the first guys very well...or perhaps they are so
old now, that they are getting a bit feeble in their old age...and new
"craftsman" of the same ilk are hard to come by.

Seriously, they can't fix the first one, so they feel it's better to simply
make a new one?  My god, I just can't imagine how a lense could have eaten
it self to that point.  Sounds like a Microsoft product!

Austin