Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:29:35 -0700

The Passport protection plan offered by Leica USA and several other
distributors is IN ADDITION to the normal two year international
warranty. So if you are in Timbuktu, and need warranty repairs during
the two year period, it will be done (assuming there is a distributor
where ever the h*** Timbuktu is).

As Leica USA was the only one offering Passport, you had to send it
back to Leica USA for repairs that would only be covered under the
Passport program. Now that several distributors are offering Passport,
it MAY be possible that their are reciprocal agreements such as exist
with the regular warranty. I do not know or particularly care that much
as I still consider Passport as window dressing since it does not cover
the two most common causes of loss.

It is getting very distressing to realize that a DEALER could be so
misinformed on warranty matters.

John Collier