Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 drivers for OS X Jaguar (OT)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:50:24 -0800

On 1/17/03 Jim Laurel  wrote:

>Is anyone here using thier Epson 2200 with the latest (10.2.3) version of OS
>X "Jaguar"?  I notice that there is an updated driver for this printer dated
>13 Dec 02.  Does this update solve any of the limitations of the previous
>driver version?  I have been waiting to buy a 2200 to replace my aging 1200
>until Epson updates the driver.

I asked about Epson 2200 (and a few other) OS X drivers at MacWorld. The Epson
booth guys had the same story: they needed the print driver revamp that was a
part of Jaguar to solve some serious problems. He suggested that we should be
seeing some substantial enhancements to Epson printer drivers this quarter.
That's as explicit as any of them were going to be.

Looks like we might get new Piezo drivers in the same time frame (although I'm
sure at substantial additional cost.)

Adam