Subject: [Leica] Photo: Grace at work
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:48:26 -0800

For the first photo of the new year I offer this image of my neice, busy at her
work.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/Grace/GraceAtWork.jpg>

Take with M6TTL, 35mm Summicron, Neopan 1600 @ 1600, developed in XTOL 1:3 at 68
degree in small tank with hand agitation.

She was waiting for her Daddy to come home. The light came from a large
east-facing window. A winter California day that was sunny but that was going
fast.

I sat on the floor and watched her build with her grandpa, scurry back to the
kitchen to see if grandma and mom had something for her, then did more work with
her push-toys, but all the time keeping an eye on the door for Daddy.

Thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

I liked this image instantly. It needed to be played with a bit to get her hair
to stand out from the dark piano, but depth of field worked well for it. That
and the grain of the hardwood floor as it recedes interests me.

But I'd like to hear other opinions, having given my own.

Adam