Subject: [Leica] Service in NJ on USA warrented and bought equipment
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:47:56 -0500

Hi!
I think the "problem' lies in the place of purchase of the lens. Many
companies are cracking down VERY hard on gray market equipment. I know at
least a dozen Nikon Pro members/ news shooters who have recently been told
by Nikon that they would NOT fix lenses etc. bought gray, and that they had
to be sent back to Japan for months, or the owner needed to look elsewhere.
even 'small' things are getting tossed back. It's something to think about
when buying gray nowadays!
Ed