Subject: Re: [Leica] Testino exposition(Versace collection)
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:19:48 +0100

> The Testino work was at the National Portrait Gallery here in London and
was
> a sensation. I couldn't get there but I have the book - that many is a
> genius at that style of work.
>
> Gerry
Those fashion guys are incredible.By chance i came across the Versace
collection of books ,the profits of which are destined for the pediatric
Aids society.With titles like Men without ties,maybe youve come across them.
So many top fashion photographers and other professionals contributed that
the books are jewels.
So many styles all flawlessly executed(imho).Makes it very embarassing to
even touch a camera knowing that one wont come close ever.
Even with relatively simple equipment like Helmut Newtons work with the
small 2.8 mju wow.
On the other hand i find that their genius gives a kind of piece of mind.
Like ok ,i,m no good, wont ever be but i enjoy the process so i,m a real
amateur and dont have to strive for excellence.
Find it a bit hard to express.Bit jet lagged.Will join paw tomorrow.
simon