Subject: [Leica] Final Selection for year 2 FOM2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:08:34 +1100

G'day all,

Well its 9pm on the last day of 2002, and I've managed to finish
collating the votes, and making a crude web page of the final 100
selections from this year's Family of Man 2 project. Now before we
get too many "complaints", I'm keen to hear from ANYONE, who can make
suggestions on how to improve the images for next year. Its too late
to change year 2. Having said that, I'm very happy with the variety
and interest found in this years selection. If I go to ANY of my
photo books, I find few with 100 images where I love all 100, but
this years selection has come off quite "cleanly" at the 100 mark,
with a bit of gap to the rest, so my selection, pruning and editing
has been very minimal. I am very keen to include as many people as
possible and I am delighted to have 46 photographers from the group
(out of a total of 70 who posted images this year). If you missed
out, please get back into it and submit more work next year.

For fun, the top 12 will again be made into a calender or something
"sometime" and they are:

Washerwoman, Bombay	Rob Appleby
Striped Socks. Austin	Clif Wright
Skating away	Steve Unsworth
Sundown	James R. Nelon
Neonatal Care #2	Charles Hehl
Hangin' Out!	John Amiet
Palestinian protester: London	Brian David Stevens
Pan and Terpsichore	Andy Piper
Happy get-together	Dieter W Wehde
The Louvre, Paris	Gerry Walden
Joseph plays boules	Nathan Wajsman
Tired	Simon Lamb

Congratulations to everyone involved this year, and please please
work hard for year 3 ;-)

Final 100 can be found at

http://stairfirkin.com/finalgallery/index.html

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] exposure question)