Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Opinions on the Performance of the Tele-Elmarit - M 90 f2.8 Lens?
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:37:56 -0800

tlianza wrote:

> I was puzzled when I read these two comments about flare in the TE.
> Whenever
> I travel, I take that lens and it has never let me down

I'm guessing there are two reasons for this: The first is that the TE
seems to have suffered greater production variation compared to many
other Leica lenses.  A few (vocal?) people report owning a TE and it's
a dog.  Others, like you and me, have a good one and like it a lot for
it's compactness and good image characteristics.

The other one, I think, is which lens hood you use with it.  I wouldn't
use the TE without a hood and I've abandoned the rubber hood in favor
of the old metal hood (12575?).  This is a deep hood and it shields the
front element well from stray light.

M.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Opinions on the Performance of the Tele-Elmarit - M 90 f2.8 Lens?)