Subject: RE: [Leica] 1Ds digital results
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman@lakebreeze.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:08:06 -0600

But when your employer buys the film and going digital saves him around 1500
hundred dollars a month, any slight loss in detail is acceptable.  But in
the hands of a skilled operator, the eos 1d and 1ds cameras do a very
credible job.  I use a pair everyday at work, but my Leica M is my camera at
home.

I would rather my boss get by cheaper, by not buying film, so I can continue
to support my family in the manner in which they are used to.

However the real point is that Leica should develop a proper digital slr so
the lenses in the hands of many enthusiasts can be again be used in the
professional workplace.

I don't think we will see a digital M.  If we do I predict a new series of
electronic lenses with an M mount.

gck