Subject: RE: [Leica] 1Ds digital results
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:07:45 +0100 (MET)

> As to Doug's comment - of course what the sports editor wants is a good
> shot - and right away.

... if not before.

I personally just see digital as another form of camera, just like
medium-format, large-format ... just another camera to be used when it
fits.

For my part "when it fits" will be on the skating rink. The pictures from
the competitions (synchronized skating) need to get out like right "now
now". To get them processed, then scanned, then ... and I hear that EI
1600 works just fine ...

But then again, up until now I've been using Nikon F3's with manual focus.
Eyes just can't do it and follow the action anyore.

Daniel