Subject: [Leica] scaner troubles
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman@lakebreeze.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:24:44 -0500

When XP first came out they did not have a driver for my Umax scanner.  Now
there is one and the scanner just keeps a working and working.

For months before the new driver was released, I had to hook it up to my
windows 98 PC.

Mac guys, I know how you feel when a perfectly good piece of gear is
rendered into a lump of coal because of an operating system change...

Nikon I would assume would produce an OS X driver toot sweet.

I think that apple should make it optional what interface you use with OSX.
With XP you can change it to "classic windows".  I use a mac everyday at
work with os 9.2 and I am so at ease with it.  I will say this, our company
is kinda edgy of what they are going to do when they get new Macs.  They
will probably have to go to OS X.  When you have hundreds of macs, it gets
pretty expensive to upgrade everything.

gck

gck