Subject: Re: [Leica] Do I need a 'slim' filter for a 24mm elmarit?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:29:39 -0700

Regular B+W filters fit on just fine though sometimes you have to back
them off a fraction to get the hood on. I have never had any vignetting
with mine when I use filters. If you can get the hood on, which fits
over the filter, there can be no vignetting caused by the filter.

The most important thing is to photograph. If you will be unable to
photograph, because you are worried about your front lens element, then
put on a UV filter. Just bear in mind that what everyone has been
saying is true and perhaps the money would be better spent on a little
lens group therapy :-)

John Collier