Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Zooms
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:47:06 -0400

Randy:

I had one of the original versions a few years back and at the 70mm setting
the images were great.  I think at the wide setting there was a bit of
distortion and not the contrast we normally expect from the Leica
lenses.  I had compared it in the 35mm setting to my 35mm Summicron-R and
it was easy to pick out the superior Summicron pictures.

  I have since sold the 28-70 and use the new 35-70 F4 zoom and a newer ROM
28mm f2.8.   When I compared the 35-70 to the 35mm Summicron, I could not
consistently pick which slide was taken with which lens.  This was done my
shooting a scene on slide film using a tripod and swaping the lenses.  I
have since sold the 35mm Summicron-R.

Regards,

Robert