Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW (12/2/02)
From: "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:17:20 -0500

I know exactly what you mean about record photos - I take a lot of photos of
abandoned/empty buildings and some I definitely know will be good
compositions and some are simply snatched "records" of buildings that are in
danger. Sometimes, almost insignificant buildings, a farmstand, an old
garage, but the next time you go along that way - they're gone. There is a
fascinating book called "The New American Ghetto" by Vergara where he has
done the same thing in an urban setting, photographing and rephotographing
streets as the buildings change or disappear.