Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW (12/2/02)
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:55:18 -0500

Stewart wrote:

"I know exactly what you mean about record photos - I take a lot of photos of
abandoned/empty buildings and some I definitely know will be good
compositions and some are simply snatched "records" of buildings that are in
danger. Sometimes, almost insignificant buildings, a farmstand, an old
garage, but the next time you go along that way - they're gone. There is a
fascinating book called "The New American Ghetto" by Vergara where he has
done the same thing in an urban setting, photographing and rephotographing
streets as the buildings change or disappear."

I'll look for it. Saw a book today: Abandoned America, by Steve Gottlieb.
Gorgeous.

CP

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW (12/2/02))