Subject: Re: [Leica] What Makes a good Picture?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 06:50:40 -0500

Simon, I would like to suggest that your logic is flawed.  You are concerned
that it would be a breach of confidence to take pictures as the images could
be sold.  As you were invited you are part of the "club" and therefore you
would be documenting the event as a family. The "famous" people might even
like copies to remember a pleasant evening.

I say this as my  travels bring me into contact with some fairly prominent
people and I frequently take pictures of them and their children.  The
parties enjoy candids and trust me to not breach their trust by flooding the
world with pictures of their families, which I don't.

The key is in your head, you belong in the club and with a camera as
unobtrusive as a Leica taking several rolls during the evening would not
intrude into your or their pleasure.  Documenting this event would bring
pleasure to all parties if shared with discretion.

Even the most famous, richest, and media shy families have photo albums of
family snaps and memories of good times.  Someone took those pictures, why
not you?

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Simon Greenwood" <mail@simon.gs> (Re: [Leica] What Makes a good Picture?)