Subject: Re: [Leica] FOM2 - Depressing
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:03:07 -0800

Photographically speaking, we had the same situation here in California,
particularly within the fine art section of photography. That whole
group F64 just weighted on all of us. Unless one was anointed
personally, or by a favored retainer, one got no where. No exhibitions,
no publication, no teaching positions, nothing.
The only thing that broke that impasse was the market's insatiable
thirst for art work on the cheap. Once the early photographica americana
reached a certain price, only then were the peripheral, or non
mainstream, works acknowledged.
Slobodan Dimitrov.
- --An itinerant LA bucolic