Subject: [Leica] 2nd lens advice
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@turbonet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:47:05 -0800

Hi:

I recently purchase a Leicaflex SL.  At the moment I have only one lens,
the Elmarit-R 35 mm f/2.8 (first version).  I would like to add a short
telephoto lens to the kit.  I am leaning towards a 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit,
with the Elpro close-up lens.  I would use the lens for portraits, and
for close-up shots of flowers.

My newbie questions for the group:

1.  Do you prefer a 90 or a 135 for portraiture work?
2.  How well does the Elpro lens work for close-up photography?
3.  Is there any reason to buy a 3-cam lens, if I don't plan to ever buy
a newer "R" body"? (Cost IS an issue)
4.  Any experiences is Ken-Mar Camera - good or bad?
5.  Elpro - VIIa or VIIb?

Thanks!

Bill Stanke

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] 2nd lens advice)