Subject: Re: [Leica] 2nd lens advice
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:43:22 -0500

> My newbie questions for the group:
>
> 1.  Do you prefer a 90 or a 135 for portraiture work?
> 2.  How well does the Elpro lens work for close-up photography?
> 3.  Is there any reason to buy a 3-cam lens, if I don't plan to ever buy
> a newer "R" body"? (Cost IS an issue)
> 4.  Any experiences is Ken-Mar Camera - good or bad?
> 5.  Elpro - VIIa or VIIb?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bill Stanke

Well, the best value in the R lens line is the 400mm Telyt with shoulder
stock.  The 400 and the SL are a match made in heaven.  See
www.wildlightphoto.com (I do not receive a commission from Doug.)

Anyway, IMHO, 90mm is better than 135 for portraiture---135 can get you too
close with the attendant distortion of the nose or any other protruding
facial feature.

Ken Mar Camera is OK, however, there are better places to buy, KEH Camera
and Photo Village in NYC are two that come to mind. Each has a web site.

Gary